WSP are regularly invited to contribute to learning events and conferences. Below are some of the events we have been involved with:
- WSP recently shared their work with Imperial College Health Partners at a ‘Lunch and Learn’ session. We covered population health modelling, workforce modelling, relational thinking, modelling for service transformation and a lot more in an hour and a half – you can download the material here.
- Peter was recently invited to give a talk at the Systems and Complexity in Organisations (SCiO) with a focus on System Dynamics Modelling – you can download the material here.
- Relationships in an integrated Health and Social Care system – WSP and Relationship Foundation have contributed to developing and informing the Care Quality Commission’s insight that ‘Without good relationships and a shared, agreed vision between system partners, achieving positive outcomes for people who use services, their families and carers is significantly compromised’. Read here for the CQC 'Beyond barriers' report.
- What does a successful modelling and simulation project look like? Read here for a recent article in the Journal of Operational Research for the answers.
- Workforce Redesign - Tuesday 27th June 2017. Peter Lacey was one of the speakers, along with Dr Charles Alessi (Public Health England) and Douglas McKelvie (Symmetic Partnership), at this event organised by The Cumberland Initiative.
- European Healthcare Design 2017 conference - 11th to 14th June 2017. We presented on 'Extra Care for Older People - settings that value relationships' at the prestigious European Healthcare Design 2017 conference on 13th June. A copy of the presentation is available here and a video of the session available on the Salus Global website here.
- Kent Health and Wellbeing Board – Wed 22nd March 2017.
- Contribution to the A&E ‘Tuesday workshop’ series organised by the Cumberland Initiative - 7th March 2017. A copy of the presentation is available for download here, along with a video by the Cumberland Initiative here.
- Leeds Networking event of the System Dynamics Society (UK Chapter) - 7th February 2017. Peter Lacey & Chris Harwood presented the Leeds Population Health model designed by WSP as part of the event.
- Guest lecture for the Executive MBA course at Warwick Business School - 2nd February 2017. A copy of the presentation is available for download here.
- Festival of Evidence II - 4th & 5th October 2016. The following videos provide feedback and personal reflections from the event which focused on current and future use of systems modelling in healthcare redesign.
Day 2 with Peter Lacey
Day 1 with Professor Terry Young
What people thought of the Festival of Evidence II
- Relational Thinking Network conference - 29th September 2016. A copy of the presentation, on 'Thinking about relationships in health', that was presented to the conference is available for download here.
- WSPs ‘discussion starter’ on frailty and complex care - available here. This was used to prime a round table discussion co-chaired by Dr David Paynton and Professor Terry Young in February 2014. The communique that emerged from this round table discussion is available here.
- Integrated Care Development Using Systems Modelling - A Case Study of Intermediate Care - Presented at the 2011 Winter Simulation Conference.
- For further insights please also see our Blogs page.